Over the past few weeks I’ve been doing some deep thinking about how best to get to the place I want to be in my life. This is a difficult process when I don’t know quite where that place is. I’ve been striving to make more healthy living choices and have been eating healthier and working out regularly. I’m beginning to understand the phrase “sound body, sound mind” and am hopeful that the benefits from a healthy lifestyle will lead to positive changes in other aspects of my life.
I’ve become a fairly fervent supporter of learning how to love yourself as a method for achieving mental clarity, and in addition to embracing your strengths and weaknesses, loving your body is a major step in that process. Some of the benefits of exercice and a healthy lifestyle are:
- Improved confidence: increased self-image reflects in your work, performance in school, and faith in yourself to achieve your goals.
- More energy: working out and eating healthy are great boosts to your metabolism and can help give you sustained energy all day.
- Increased mental clarity: A tired body leads to a sound mind. For some, working out can be an informal method of meditation and a time to plan and set goals.
- Decreased anxiety: exercise is a great way to rid your body of nervous energy. You’ll be able to spend more time focusing on what you want to instead of worrying about what you don’t!
- A major boost of self esteem: Say goodbye to the feelings of guilt for eating that whole box of cookies! You’ll be able to go to sleep at the end of the day proud of what you have accomplished.
Remember, nobody is perfect! Start slow and take steps every day to give your lifestyle a facelift. Don’t beat yourself up if you slip up; make a commitment to yourself to do better tomorrow. Go for a walk! Choose fruit instead of a sweet. Do one nice thing for your body and you’ll be surprised that one good choice leads to another.
Photo Credit: clubsolutionsmagazine.com